Well... it feels like I blinked and 2021 was over. And don't even get me started on how fast Sawyer is growing! This year has been amazing and equipped me for what I want next in my business, and in my life. Lately, my team and I have been preparing for the new year and strategizing business goals along with revenue plans. We have BIG plans for 2022, and it's going to require changes within the business and my lifestyle.
Here are some changes I plan to make in 2022:
- Taking time off when I need it - While this isn't the most drastic change it's an important one. Lines got blurred when I had Sawyer earlier this year between work, and everything going on outside of it. From launching a site from NICU to not taking maternity leave, I've only learned valuable lessons throughout the year.
- Practicing when to say yes, and when to say no in all aspects of life - I know well that I am a people pleaser, that's why I love working in the service industry. What I do need to work on is putting my foot down, and learning when to say no when work gets too overwhelming or isn't benefitting my company in some way.
- Getting back into my workout routine each morning - This one is much easier said than done! I have always loved being active, staying outside, and making it a point to exercise in the mornings. 2022 is where I get back into the swing of things!
- Implement the Agile Method into my business - If you aren't familiar, the Agile Method is a way to manage a project by breaking it up into several phases. It involves collaboration in each phase and discussion on improvement for the future along the way. Planning. Executing. Evaluating.
- Avoid procrastinating tendencies - While I always meet deadlines, I'll admit it might be getting everything done the day before, or the night before the deadline depending on my schedule. I would love to improve on this habit and hold myself accountable to reduce stress at those times.
As you can see, all of these changes I want to make start with actions like practicing, trying, avoiding, etc. which is my real focus here. Continuing to better myself, my team, and my business is my priority (besides Sawyer & Ross of course). These are not quick changes that can be made overnight...they could be considered long-term but the point is to recognize, evaluate, and try to change what I can.